Welcome to the Over/Under Blog

I paid off my car in June 2009. That leaves my only outstanding debt as the amount owing on my credit card. In order to maximize the amount I am paying on it, but still have some spending money left over, I re-worked my budget and realized that after my “four walls” (rent, utilities, phone, etc) are paid, I am left with approximately $100 every two weeks. $50 a week or, $7 dollars a day with one dollar left over. The blog title “Seven dollars a day” wasn’t available so, as a nod to my online persona “agent713” I have dubbed this blog “$7.13 a Day” (technically it’s $7.14 but that doesn’t sound as cool)

My goal here is to record my discretionary purchases and keep track of how close I am to the seven dollar mark. Now there is leeway built in because above my $7/day I have my grocery and gas budget. If I skimp on them I’ll have extra. I’m hoping to not do that though. So, wish me luck and enjoy the ride. It will be a bit of insight into what I spend my “spending money” on too so may you’ll get to know me a little better.

0 comments: