Days Six to Ten: August 21-25

I started this entry last week.
Journalling on Friday
I've been getting lazy with lunch. Because I'm so close to home, and I talked work into letting me have an hour for lunch, I've been in the habit of going home to eat. Of course if you don't have TIME to go home (like today, because I had an appointment over lunch) then you have to grab something somewhere. Eating out, especially at lunch, is a one of the expenses I'm trying to avoid.

Journalling on Monday
Something my "$7.13 a Day" limit doesn't account for is when you have visitors in town and your expenses sky rocket. I don't really know how I'm going to reconcile this other than to say I dipped into the reserves this weekend and now that it's Monday, I guess we start again? Here's the damage:

Day Six: August 21
McDonalds for lunch: $5.97
Daiso: $8.96
Purchases at the Summer Night Market (read about our adventures here)
Parking: $5.00
Purse: $15.00
Wheel Cake: $1.00
Sweet Potato Balls: $1.00
Mango Drink: $4.00
Skewers: $3.00
Spring Rolls: $2.50
Starbucks: $3.10
Total $48.53

Final for the day Over by $41.02
To date Over by $42.09
Day Seven: August 22
The day started out well. We went for breakfast and Dad picked up the bill. The rest of the day was relatively inexpensive minus some last minute grocery items.
Breakfast: free!
Drink & Snack: $2.65
Parking: $3.00
Canning lids & magazines: $14.37
Total $25.02
Final for the day Over by $12.89
To date Over by $54.98
Day Eight: August 23
Sunday was brutal cost wise. We had some miscommunication and I could have gotten a free pass to the aquarium but my family is notoriously horrible for planning and communicating so I missed the opportunity. I was pretty miffed but it wasn't worth making a big deal over it. Still, the bottom line hurt. Read about our adventure here.
Walmart: $10.33 (camera batteries and chips, my contribution to our picnic lunch)
Tim Hortons: $2.49 (breakfast!)
Vancouver Aquarium Admission: $28.00 (ouch!)
Red Robins: $15.00 (dinner)
Tim Hortons: $1.19 (yes twice in one day but, combined? Cheap!)
Mini Golfing: $7.00
Total $64.01
Final for the day Over by $56.88
To date Over by $111.86
Day Nine: August 24
Back at work and I didn't go out afterwards.
Final for the day Under by $7.13
To date Over by $104.73
Day Ten: August 25
I was in meetings from 9am to 7pm and the only benefit is that they have to feed you :D
Final for the day Under by $7.13
To date Over by $97.60

0 comments: